About Me

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/ignatius.lewis

Friday, February 12, 2016

When distance are just numbers (#oSoS16 story-5 ).

Based on actual conversation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“It was one of those days when i was just trying to find something on FB”.

We started to talk awaiting our Mccafe to get ready. Our order number was 292 and i could see a number 276 being flashed on the big screen. It was a medium sized MacDonalds outlet  but the rush inside made it looked smaller.

We found ourselves a place to sit and that was all it took to him to get started.
“Actually I have no words to thank Mark for making it happen...” he began fidgeting with the credit card slip.
“A mutual friend? ” I interrupted.

“No... No...Its Mark Zukerberg....the FB wala” he corrected me. But he sounded as if he knew mark personally. But his gratitude and thanks for him was clearly visible.
“I stumbled upon her profile under ‘people you might know’ and then...” and before I could know he was lost in the memories.

“....then I saw her profile pic, in Navvari dress. I don’t clearly remember the color but I guess it was green. Initially it wasn’t easy for me to believe how someone could so graceful yet simple. I ended up starring at her pic for quiet sometime. I was not sure whether it was because of her looks or because of the Navvari or both. The dress just enhanced her looks”

“I can only imagine how it must have felt” i added.
“Yes and fortunately she replied to my messages, and then one thing lead to another. I wished to know more about her for which she responded with equal enthusiasm. Time revealed that there were many things common amongst us....” he continued.

“Like maybe what??” I interrupted.
“The one I clearly observed was loving the person who loves you...and even more than the person who hates you..hahaha...” he joked.
“....but yes it was really one of those greatest things that became a foundation stone of our relationship.” He ended as he looked back to check our order status on the big screen.

“So when did you guys first meet?” I asked.
As if he was waiting for this question from beginning. He took a long breath as if ready to plunge into those memory seas.

“For that I have to thank my chota bhai.. ..Actually she is studying in pune, and so was him and she was in her 6th semester of engineering that time. His birthday was due on 24th march it became an excuse to meet her.”
“So it was 24th march?” i asked.

“Yes..It was the first day when we meet in person with each other. I found myself in the middle of a huge phoenix mall surrounded my loads of mixed emotions from curiosity to insecurity to anticipation and eagerness. But mostly I was a bit conscious about my height...”

“Your height....?” I shockingly asked.

“haan na yaar... i was just hoping the she doesn’t turn out taller than me. But fortunately it turned out that we were just about the same height. Although she was wearing a simple black top and blue jeans yet she looked elegant and sweet. She quickly guessed my nervousness and joked saying ‘ab mai heels nai pehen paugi..!!’... hahaha”.he again laughed in the middle of it.
“we spend the entire afternoon playing all the games in the gamezone....” he again began.

“hmmm???” I asked sipping my coffee.
“yes every game. Probably it wasn’t the games, it was the company of each other’s that we enjoyed the most, and by the time we were done i realised that she is the one.” he answered.

“itne jaldi?” i asked
“pata nai .. it was.... I think.. I guess the voice of my true self... I took some time but before I could ask myself ‘are you sure about this?’ to that inner voice the answer stood right in front of me”. he answered.

“How did you say it?” it was a very typical question but it was the whole deal of this one story on sketch idea.
“I think there was no need for either of us to say anything. I don’t know about her but i could feel it. But I still wanted to be sure about it, mainly to avoid any confusion....so I asked her. 

We were sitting in front of a cafe on a bench i remember... side by side... initially she was surprised but her reaction assured me that it was a yes.”
“Waow that amazing.. hold on to that.. let me get our coffee.” Our number had been on the screen for quiet a while.

I left him with that beautiful though. I felt it was a height of his emotional memories. I can only assume how one would feel about remembering one of those moments that liberated your life. Falling in love is more of a choice. A choice both the person indulging makes. And if it originates from depths of your heart it will reach the other person hearts as well...
The coffee could wait.

“And then the usual silly stuffs began?” i asked as we stirred our coffee.
“Yes yes.. all the usual silly stuffs and we did all the silly stupid stuff...you know whatsapp... immo everything.... we would just look for reasons to meet each other.” he said as he took few sips from his coffee.

“And then I again went to pune two months later and we again meet at the same mall and she was wearing a beautiful black colour one piece, and OMG was she looking like and angel or what. My heart was about to fall from its place right down on her feet’s.”
“Really??” I was amazed by his excitement.

“But hum bhi kisise kam nai the... the next time I visited her dressed to impress... hahaha”  he laughed.
“What happened?” I had to ask this.

“I was suppose to attended a friends marriage all decked up full suit boot, stood in front of her college with a teddy bear in my hand and got even with her. It was like.... If you can do good.. i can do the same better. And her joy and happiness seemed priceless to me.”

“Did she like it?” I asked.
“Liked it???? She loved it” he answered.

“So only you visited her... she never came here??” I asked.
“mi pan tech mahntlo tila...mich ka yeu bhetayla tu pan yet ja....hahaha.” we laughed

“So did she...?” I asked
“Yes.... She initially cancel a pre-planned visit citing project work and the suddenly called me saying ‘ek tasat panvel pochnar ’ and I was still sitting in my short at my place...” he laughed again.
“And then it was totally filmy scene at panvel station... as we try to locate each other. Apparently it was her first visit here and on the phone we were like .... “tum kaha......mai yahan” and finally after 15 minutes we met....she looked tired and by god even more beautiful than ever....”

For a moment even I was thrown back into my visual of seeing my special person in such a situation.

“She was tired and had travelled all the form pune after her exams. I had planned a few things but had to reconsider most because of her tiredness. The journey from panvel to vashi was the best ride i had ever had. She sat in my bike hugging me from behind and almost fell asleep as she rested her head on my shoulder. Her hair occasionally tickled my neck and I could feel her fatigue from her heavy long breaths on my back. And it was December sunset which made everything even more special. I wished the clocked stopped and the road became endless...i would have given her a ride till infinity” he ended.

“Finally what message do u have for people who don’t believe in distance relationship?” I asked.

“Distance doesn’t matters... your loved one are always closer to your heart... distance makes relationship more firm and rigid” he concluded.


And I couldn’t agree more with him in this regards. Distance as they say still is a physical term, not an emotional one.

happy pappiyan te jhappiyan day...

3 comments: