About Me

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/ignatius.lewis

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Are marriages made in heaven? (#OSOS16 story-2)



Story of Shraddha and Pavan.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In her very own words......

Are Marriages really made in heaven? I used to make a mockery of such statements and use wonder at a same time how can someone say such a hypothetical statement. I use to laugh thinking that this dialog was a very bad heritage left by Indian cinema for us.....well until.....yes you got me right....

Until... I met Pavan.

Many time even I found myself wondering how on earth this could happen to me. If I look back (which I do more than often), even I get mesmerized many times about how on earth this happened to me. I never thought that there could be something known as “our love story” when I was a child or in fact in college as well.
 
Our story is the best example of (the unwritten law of love i.e.) Opposite Attracts. 
·      I love singing  -he is a scratched CD (yeah!!! trust me I tried but it didn’t work).

·        I am a born dancer   - his dancing skills are..... (well...?? have seen it and you can’t even imagine what I saw)...him and dance.. No way.

·        I love cooking – he can....(eat what i make)...make....well not even a cup of tea.

·        I’m totally unromantic - he is full Hindi film hero (totally, madly and highly romantic) and overwhelms the above mentioned shortcoming convincingly.

·        I can’t go out @11 in night to get a cheese cake – He can do anything!!! (Would easily take me to stars if he can.)
 
That’s Pavan for you in a nutshell!!

Our story is more like the 19th century stories. Well it not like we saw each other in a temple praying but because of ORKUT (rest in peace). ORKUT was (2 minutes silence.....) booming that time. It was like everyone was having 2 kinds of friends. Firstly friends who are were your classmates, batch mates and colleagues. And then there were what we called just ORKUT friends.

I too had one such Orkut friend, a good hearted  person (I never met that guy  until me & pavan married  but I met Pavan because of that guy)…..Fortunately  he was Pavan’s best college buddy (later turning into cupid).

One day we were talking randomly, suddenly someone shouted on his phone “ kisse bat kar raha hain tu , mereko bhi baat karni hain”.

That guy handed his phone to Pavan requesting me to say ‘Hi’ to him. So I did (bas hogaya shree ganesh waha se).

That’s how we started our journey. No wonders I got Orkut (2 minutes silence please) request from Pavan the very next day and then we chatted on & on & on. After a couple of months he gathered the courage (literally all of it) to ask me out for a coffee, I said “why not I love coffee".

31st December 2008 , venue  - Barista @ Raghuleela
 
He arrived early and was waiting for me outside Vashi station campus, as if the huge courtyard wasn’t enough of a challenge in a hurry I also forgot to carry my specs.(without which i am blind as a bat even in day. Hence they search began) actually i just stood at one place he came looking for me.

Well dressed up, fair, tall chashmish guy basically (OMG!!! Super handsome...shuuu don’t tell anyone) typical the GUY next door type. This was his first impression on me. He is still the same (but only ONE THING changed).It was actually very cool meeting, we neither felt awkward nor uncomfortable during the met. He had to leave early because his gang was waiting for him. You know how these friends behave when you are going to meet a girl. But they constantly troubled him on phone as he was trying to tangofy a friend’s birthday celebration to be with me. He had given all the possible reasons to attend the celebration a bit late (it was cute and funny).

I said to him “it’s ok (which was not), your friends are waiting and you should go & have fun with them, surely we will meet again (I just hoped he did).We both left for our places
At midnight 12.00 a.m he called to wish happy New Year. (Actually he wanted to know weather i was free the following day or not.. woawww)

 CCD  -1st January 2009 -   

I must say, we really lived the tag line of CCD (Sorry i forgot what it was???? Oh yes a lot can happen over a coffee!!).Citicenter CCD was where we meet again and since then it became our regular hangout place. 2 - 3 hrs we would meet to talk. Actually I used to talk he used to listen everything quietly. I thought he was a balanced guy, who never talks much… even if asked to do so. Once i insisted why he doesn’t talks much to which always replied “I am more of a listener (wowwwww amazing..And I was actually starting to like him
Do you Remember The Only thing that changed in him that I talked about just a few moments ago was he talks too much, too much (yes you guessed it right.. IT WAS A TRAP!!) and he gracefully lured me into it as well (did i forget my spec again for not seeing it??).He irritates me, he makes a mockery of people. I came to know about all his secrets and loopholes after meeting his gang.(bach gayi...hahaha).

He would give me indirect hint that he loves me & I used to enjoy that (don’t ask how much!!).

One fine day out of nowhere he said “let’s go out somewhere”
I asked “for what?”.

He replied “relax!! I know you are an abnormal girl, I just want to go out with you & I am very much aware that you are strong enough to take care of your own & I will not dare to even think what you are thinking about it”.

 I said “okies..NP”.

We went to kihim beach, breezy day it was. We both were walking on the silver sandy beach. Suddenly he requested me to sit down. What happened next was totally unexpected. Suddenly he went down on his knees (I was like OMG...OMG!!!), fetched a box from his pocket ((faster OMG...OMG!!!), opened it (I was like even faster OMG...OMG!!!). he then picked the diamond ring (then the racing OMG....OMG!!!), held it in both of his hands and asked....

“ SHRADS I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH ….I WANT TO GROW OLD WITH YOU ….WILL YOU MARRY ME  ….”.

And I was like (going crazy in my minds).....I had never expected it to come too early. Certainly I had the same feelings for him as well, but never thought this day will arrive so suddenly (and so dramatically as well, that’s typical pavan for you).

He again asked, “Will you marry me?”

It’s a dream of every girl that the guy she loves, should propose her in this fairy tale style (guys take a note of this). No wonder I cried saying “Of course I will marry you”. 

We got married on 16th December 2011. Like all love marriages in our society, our marriage was not easy at all. Many obstacles stood in front of us, but I must say Pavan took some very firm & hard stands for me, which I will never forget in my entire life. 

 He never ever says NO to me. He is like…Your wish is my command (I want cheese cakes please... pavan). I am his Bacchu (baby in Marathi). Whenever we had fights (yes we do at times), Pavan is the only one who come & say sorry no matter if he was guilty or me (why I said madly and deeply in love with me).

He takes my tantrums, he balances my mood swing, he enjoy teasing me on Madhuri’s song  , he enjoy irritating me by singing himesh reshmiya, Altaf raja, Govinda songs (whereas i am hardcore Hrithik Roshan fan!!!).

 I think this journey is just the beginning, so many sunrises to see, so many countries to explore, so many dishes to taste, so many movies to watch and many more coffees we want to sip together. Together and with each other’s love. 

I trust we will grow old together Pillu  :*
Both are happly married and celebrated their 4th wedding anniversary two months back.
I asked shraddha - what is your message to people who give up on love because of “ghar wale nai manenge” dialog.
To which she replied “listen to your heart... If marriage is in your destiny it will happen”. In other words (kisike baap se nai darna... karna hai toh karna hai).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feelings and thoughts of 
Shraddha. G. Khamitkar.

Compiled by
Ignatius Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment