About Me

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/ignatius.lewis

Thursday, August 3, 2017

20 Unread Messages



20 unread messages last of which was ‘you are so shameless!!!’

Strange to see how one can be judged so easily and how convenient is it for anyone to attach such an adjective. Specifically when its use to define other individual of the two. Problem is not using it but the discomfort arises when a person uses it over as an individual whom they know for a long time. And if the behavior of the accused was in lines of the words then probably it is understandable. But not otherwise. And still if such an allegation is made then there has to be some grounds for it. 

And if it so then some work is needed to be done. Not only by accused but if it is not correct then some introspection is suggested to the victim who claimed the other person of it. 

The next obvious question one would be asking is, what are the grounds for one to say such a thing? There has to be some thought put into it either before saying it or after being heard. Mine would be the second case, since it wasn't thought off before.
Well there you go again, this blog will again receive a very heavy dose of some really complex thoughts. I will take the privilege to do so as well. Again hoping to find some answer by the time I end the write-up. The last I remember someone called me shameless was way back in my school. It was a repeated rhetoric we use to hear from our teacher back then.  But it was the very institute that taught us how to respect and behave as well and we still stand by it i suppose.

This last unread message reminded me of those days. And perhaps we were a bit shameless back then and we are not at all ashamed about it. We belonged to an all-boys school but our teachers did taught respect, behavior and manners to everyone. 

I still did not go through the rest of 19 messages that are still left unread. The other person had reasons to send them and I had my own reasons for not reading it.The content of those 19 messages do matter. I can only guess it will be filled with either excuses or bad things, just like the last message. I don’t know what more to write. In such a judgmental world it’s hard to understand where to stop, what all to include and how much to explain. I guess it is the kind of mentally one develops once they stay on the other side, the logically correct side of the fence for long.

The side where your beliefs are ones that you are convince off. That fits the logic you have developed out of your education and learning. It’s the side where you can understand difference between a genuine problem and bullshit. It’s the side which develops this new right understanding of the right thing and wrong thing in you. And it was the very reason why those 20 messages are still unread. And I can only assume based on this last message that above mentioned thing was missing from the sender of all those 20 messages.

Probably it had anger more than logic I suppose. The other person, if asked would promptly justify the reason for this angered outburst. But like I said if you are on the other side of the fence you can easily understand the difference. The angered reaction from the other side was due to an angered action from this side. For me all that matters the most is time. Because I know we all have for a very limited duration. It was all I seeked, and it was the only thing the other side didn’t have. Not even 5 or 10 minutes. If asked about any future scope of little time the answer was “Pata nai”.

And that’s how the angered action and reaction started. I don’t know whether i missed a specific Hindi class back in the school when my teachers taught the meaning and the use of these two words together. Or they were taught a different meaning of these two words to the one who used the word shameless as descriptive word. 

Now I have two words whose meaning I would like to know. And how different it is from the ones I knew and was taught back then and still remember.

Because one of us needs to get our vocabulary corrected and this would really help. Some very common knowledge is missing in one of us and if it is in me I would definitely like to get it corrected. 
It feels a bit funny now. We are almost 750 words into the write-up and I still know what would be the obvious response if I ask the same person the same question in a different or in a simpler way the answer will still be the same. 

Contrary to that I am still willing to understand and learn something that I might have missed will growing up and learning how to respect people and the time we have in this life. If not then our value for each other is nothing more than one of those plastic bags handed back to that person and which later you see on the sides of railway track, contents of which are nothing more than scarp and liabilities.
Even more funny is that to get the anger discharged one tries to call 10 times but is not willing to give one call to tell that you cannot fulfill the one help sorted from you. I don’t like to judge people but one can understand the guilty person here. Perhaps different perceptions will make you pick sides. I would suggest optimism and conservatism to choose from.
Strange isn’t it!!! Everyone knowledge and logic goes well until you read the last line above and yet call people shameless. 

Something to contemplate I think…..

Happy shravan maah.

No comments:

Post a Comment