About Me

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/ignatius.lewis

Monday, March 12, 2012

SUMMER CALLING!!

Cold days have almost bid farewell to us and things are really starting to get heated up. If you ask me the best nights are summer nights. Why? I don’t know maybe they have a real cozy feeling about them. These were the thoughts that started to trickle in my mind while I was sitting on the lawn of my college.
I never really understood why people never sat on them. They are not that bad. There was a strong breeze of warm air a little higher from the green mate and a cold and addictive soft wind near to the green grass surface and as I starred towards the college building from a place I have never seen it, it was mesmerizing.
But it felt different. The type of feeling you get when you know things are moving ahead. Just how you feel when you look at the second’s arms of the clock that you are wearing when it’s ticking. Exactly the same feeling is brought about by summer.
For some summer means ice-cream, cold drinks, nimbu pani, exams, vacations, sweat and cooler. Yes its exactly the same thing but if you ask me, this time SUMMER means TRANSITION.
A time when even trees let go of there old leaves. Summer is nature’s way of indication that’s its time to let go of old things and preparing to welcome new and fresh things. That’s why I said summer means transition, when we migrate from old and welcome new.
This how you feel when you are writing on a page and last 4-5 lines is left. Kind of a dilemmatic situation where you don’t want to write further more on that page as you know new page is just a turn away where you can start fresh and neat. On the contrary you don’t want to exit that current page as it hold memories of past. I refer such feeling as SUMMER CALLING!!!
The significance of summer in our life is like the significance of a candle in a dark room. The candle itself is very small as compared to the vast darkness and size of the room.
On the other hand although a candle separately has a very minimal effect but when its taken in a dark room its value surprisingly increases. It eliminates darkness subtlety but effectively where it is taken.
Such is the importance of summer in life cycle of earth.

It enhances the importance of winter and monsoon. A feature no other season is gifted with. Strangely it’s neither as loud and as dramatic as the monsoon nor as demanding and dull as winter.
Summer is subtle. No doubt it’s harsh and strict too but it doesn’t mind when you pray for rain and cold winds in his kingdom.
Summer is hot and magical. You will feel its magic working.
Don’t hate summer! It’s a catalyst for other seasons.

Happy birthday to me!!
feedback and comments are welcome.... it s my birthday so do remember to wish me....

5 comments:

  1. Greatly written bday boy...:)
    fills me with the feel of "Transition"... the transition from my childhood days... then to the college days... to the transition happening every second in my life now.. u make me feel a distinct reason to wait for the "SUMMER CALL" of this year.
    Regards,
    Manjari

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1400 hits
    great thank u
    all
    ignatius lewis

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thats amazing!!! beautifully written n made me fall in love with summer!!! do keep writing.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. its beautiful!!!!u made me fall me in love wid summer.i never thought abt summe like that....

    nikita raut

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come over to my place dude may be you will get more to add to ur cozy feel of summer:)the place is hot and gals are making the situation pathetic. Wonderful article as ever, nicely composed, impeccable usage of language and perfect blend of season and internal feel. Keep the good work, last but not the least as i say everytime i read write ups....compile

    ReplyDelete