About Me

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/ignatius.lewis

Monday, March 26, 2012

SLAMBOOK

Bhurrr….bhurr….bhurr…bhurrr….

“What the hell”. It was my mobile buzzing. Initially I couldn't remember why I set an alarm as early as 4.30 in morning.

“oh shit!!” the reason then come gushing in my mind.

“She is leaving today. I must hurry!!”

Well it was advent of summer still i could fell the chills that early in morning as I left my place. Destination being Nagpur railway station, sights and scene of Nagpur in night is to die for.. Her train was departing from platform 1, AC boggy number 3. Just to be sure I called her up even though the platform was relatively empty with few people & surprisingly clean too.

And there she was! Wearing super fit jeans, shoes and double layered jacket. She looked fat in them but trust me she not at all fat. She could make any girl feel conscious about herself. She was short, fit and cute. Looking at her smiling would make me thank god everyday for sending her in my life.

Her father an army intelligence officer was also present there. God ! he always made me feel uncomfortable. There were many qualities unique to her which transpired into me too. Like the way we use to fight for the last bit of already melted kulfi. And those fight were intense and serious and a regular phenomenon. It feels really stupid now when I look back on those fights. Another thing that used to annoy me a lot was whenever we had indulged in pani-puri feasts she somehow used to manage her way out to pay the bill. This used to really piss me off. The only way for me to pay those bills was by doing an advance payments.

“Jesus Christ she was such a jerk”

There is something about these army daughters that excites me a lot. But she was way too cute to be a typical army daughter. There was this one instant when we were reading our sign-outs. I think it was the scene rather than what was written that made her senti. A black puppy somehow managed to get his head stuck in a plastic bottle and he was screaming.

She wanted to help him but she was too scared to get near that puppy. Scared and concerned at the same time. When I went ahead to help him she started screaming and crying.

“oh my god! Stop it you stupid you are hurting him…” first and then “jaldi …karo…jaldi..karo”.

The puppy was dirty and I somehow managed to get his head out of it and threw the bottle after crushing it.

And when I turned towards her she was socked in tears and crying like hell

“stop crying… or should I buy you a lollipop” I laughed.

As I approached her she slapped me and hugged me.

“That was really stupid, you idiot” she continued.

“well it worked na?” I asked

Then she wiped her tears on my shirt and sleeves and sucked her nose in.

Later she said “this is a very nice shirt. White color suits you.”

“ha ha ha…it was…. Teri lollipop pakki ho gayi” I laughed.

“but your deodorant is really pathetic” she murmured.

“well that’s the dog smell” I whispered and she slapped me hard in arm and was laughing while crying at the same time like a baby. Amazing days I tell you they were.

While remembering these stories I say her army intelligence father starring at me. Trust me these army guys are good in what they do. Well coming back to present the main reason for me being there was to get my SLAMBOOK back from her. we talked a little and then it was time. She bid farewell buy hugging her parents and just said BYE to me after giving me my SLAMBOOK.

“that’s way too simple to say bye” I thought.

To my surprise when I open it it was all filled up. I was so happy and glad.

The last two lines written in it was

THE SHIRT WAS ACTUALLY NICE !!!.....AND THE DOGGY ODORED GUY IN IT TOO. WHERE YOU HITTING ON ME???

Rest is not important. I had already started to miss her and train hadn’t even left the platform.

Will miss you all guys. This one special is dedicated to those entire how shared my life and making it what it is today “A SLAMBOOK FILLED WITH EXPRESSION OF HAPPINESS”.

feedback comments are welcome below.

2 comments:

  1. Vikram Singh ChauhanMarch 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM

    Nice and sweet one...

    Best line was where you hitting on me??

    Hahaha who is she Iggi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iggi buddy heads off to u man. Such wonderful subject this time. The fiction has all taste of life from fun to emotion. A die for and wonderful usage language. I being one of ur closet buddy suggest you to compile all your till date fictions and compile them into one. i hope u got me!! Trust me u have a talent which can scale u greatest height. Keep the good work and go on sprinkling ur write up capabilities..Kudos to u for honing your writing skills and affecting our lives on a positive note..cheers buddy keep the good work

      Delete