About Me

My photo
https://www.facebook.com/ignatius.lewis

Monday, October 7, 2013

Its not about me always.


I wanted to get up early that day. Its the second morning of our weekend get together and I was already late. I didn't want to miss the sunrise as I rarely get to see them. To be honest it was what we all had decided the previous day. At this very simple man home in nagaon village somewhere in alibagh who made our comfort his responsibility. To our surprise he had a beach in his backyard. I just couldn’t wait for others to get up so we could go together. So I grabbed my toothpaste and brush and headed for the beach. The beauty of anything lies in its simplicity and it was just beautiful. It was huge, long, clean and endless. I had my tussle with the sea last evening and I admit I thoroughly enjoyed swimming in it. it was like a dream come true but this time I just wanted to watch and listen. Watch everything and maybe I’d be able to peek inside myself.

So I sat on a fishing boat anchored to the shore.

I believe all journeys happens for a reason and so to was this. It has been one hell of a year for 13B. And this break was for it. I don't know about others but a lot has changed in and around me and I suppose the same goes to every individual of 13B. From being junior most person in the team to a reliable resource and even being a lead for sometime it had been a demanding year. From having lunch together to having breakfast alone my dimensions have changed. If you ask me there would be 29 different stories about how the year has panned out for them. The way we work, live and see the world has changed but I am sure one thing hasn't changed it what we feel about each other when we meet.

I never expected a training room friendship would be so deep and unbreakable. But in a city where you come across millions of unknown faces it feel great to see 29 familiar face smiling at you. I believe any relationship that starts with zero last longer. Zero means when you know each other from the beginning, when you are nothing and nobody, just a scared and curious face in D block conference room. In time you may grow in age or stature but this basic bond never goes away. We grow and succeed in life and so do others and you feel happy for them as well. Aur ego and jealousy ka toh sawal he nahi Uthata. Achieving success is not difficult but maintaining your relationship while doing it is more important. We may find 100 people shaking your hand when we are successful but a hug from such a person give you a real sense of accomplishment. You want to see them more than anyone else. By the time I finish this thought almost an hour had passed and the sun had already risen and when I turned around to take its photo I saw my training batch-mates walking slowly down the dusty road towards the beach. I never had luck with best friends but I suppose this is how it felt to have or be a best friend.

I had planned in this before boarding the ferry at gateway to India to alibagh that I would not think of anything on this trip. I would just keep my mind empty and isolate it from everything or anyone that was there in mumbai. I didn't even wanted to analyze or judge myself. I just wanted to be nothing for sometime. no attachments, no entanglement, no past, no future. I wanted to know how does it feels to be me and got one answer I am at the right place. Our potential is like this vast sea. Endless and powerful. I wanted to argue with myself a bit more on this. But I saw everyone walking towards the sea as I sat on the boat alone.

I realize maybe it not about me always and every-time. This trip here is not about me, its about all of us. About every individual who managed to get time out of there life for us again by hook or by crook. I don’t know whether It was a common feeling amongst all of us or am I exaggerating it but everyone wanted to be there. If you find it exaggerating you can blame my view. I know something inside everyone was touched personally in this trip however there way of expressing it could be different. I just wanted to say “thank you” to everyone who was with me on this trip Mita, tikka, dhanno, mahabuddy, vipul, sharmaji, darshan, piyu, asha, mekal, panna, hemit, mithun, sumit, naradmuni, madhuja, yadavji and mahadev in the best way I can and this is it. I would like to end this with a few line from a song that I was listening while watching the beautiful scene.

Samundar Lehron Ki Lehron Ki Chadar Odh Ke So Raha Hai Per Mein Jagu Ek Khumari Ek Nasa Sa Ek Nasa Sa Ho Raha Hai
Tu Magar Hai Bekhabar…… Hai Bekhabar
Dil Gira Kahin Par…. Dafatan…..

Post your feedback and comments.

5 comments:

  1. guys n happening enthusiastic gals
    u got to read iggys article
    its awesome!!
    iggy i loved it
    --dhanno

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaa... i read it
    itss too good
    --tikka

    ReplyDelete
  3. good one iggy
    --mahabuddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. emotional, philosophical
    yet thought provoking n realistic
    though i couldnt come i can actually relate the surroundings with your writing
    very impressive iggy
    --akshat

    ReplyDelete